In this extremely unique time, where a world Pandemic has broken out, we want to reassure our clients that we are taking the advice from the government, PHE and WHO seriously.
We appreciate that the demand for group sessions and personal training will reduce as more of us have to self isolate, and want to help you all to keep exercising and keep fit and healthy in line with government advice. So firstly we’d like to outline the benefits of being a 5 Star client at this time, rather than that of a mainstream gym:
- We know all of our client’s personally. This means we can be confident that they are not coming to the gym if they have been in contact with an infected person, if they have suspected COVID-19 themselves, if they have travelled back from any of the highly affected countries or if they are generally feeling unwell. We appreciate all of your cooperation with this.
- Our coaches are themselves ensuring the cleanliness of equipment before you train, using disinfectant to clean down as they go, further helping prevent the spread of the virus.
- We are changing our session plans to avoid using equipment which is hard to clean and harbours germs (e.g. boxing gloves). Therefore are planning group sessions to reduce the constant swapping of equipment between clients in order to limit contact.
- Where possible we will offer you exclusivity of the gym, or the option to train at a quieter time meaning you will only have contact with your trainer
- The government are encouraging people to stay fit and healthy in order to boost their immune systems, and with this in mind we want to do all we can to ensure our client’s can continue training and maintain their fitness levels in order to further help combat this virus
Alternative options are to be introduced by the end of this week to ensure you all have the opportunity to train.
- Freezing memberships – for those who become ill, or have to self isolate we will of course be flexible and give the option to freeze memberships
- Online coaching – By the end of this week (20th March) we will have set up our online training, meaning you can still get your personalised plans and work out in your own home with a plan tailored to what equipment you have. We will also be running online group sessions at set times
- Outdoor sessions – New for Spring/ Summer 2020 5 Star Fitness will be introducing outdoor group sessions, getting your workout and fresh air all at once. Whilst the virus continues these are a great way to train with others without having any direct interaction
We’d appreciate your feedback on the above, and if you are interested please get in touch with us and we will give you all the details you need to get up and running.
We fully understand the anxiety and concern of training in a gym at this time, and are doing all we can to ensure your health and safety.
If you have any concerns or questions about training at 5 Star Fitness please don’t hesitate to contact us directly and we’d be more than happy to help.
Thanks again for all your support and assistance in this difficult time,
The 5 Star Fitness team